We are looking for a real self-starter to effectively work alongside our team with administrative and general tasks.
Daily Duties Include:
- Diarising – Setting up and managing staff information systems e.g. Calendars, Training, Meeting Reminders
- Answering the telephone and emails in a prompt and courteous manner – and responding to postal communications in the same way
- Redirecting calls appropriately and punctually
- Accurately logging and forwarding referrals
- Respond to queries from carers where possible, and referring to other agencies when necessary
- Liasing with other agencies in the public, private and voluntary sectors relevant to our business
- Keeping the office tidy between cleans
- Assisting the team with appropriate tasks
- Providing refreshments and hospitality to visitors and staff as necessary
- Keeping the website and social media updated
The right candidate for us will be pleasant natured with a good sense of humour, will have good people skills and a friendly telephone manner.
Starting salary will be £3.30 per hour and will be reviewed after a probationary period
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00 with one hour for lunch
Upon demonstrating the correct level of personal skill and commitment, as well as successfully completing the apprenticeship programme our apprentice would be offered the opportunity to continue their personal development within our team.
“Norfolk Carers Support is a charity which has been providing specialist support to unpaid Carers in Norfolk for 20 years. Our services have been intentionally designed to support Carers at various stages in their lives. We have services for young people (ages 6-16), young adaults (16-24 years old) and adults. Within this we also tailor our support down to individual levels, to make sure that Carers are accessing the services that can help them and their loved ones.”
The Charing Cross Centre, 17-19 St John Maddermarket, Norwich, Norfolk NR2 1DN
Location is accessible by public transport
Communication, Initiative, Organised, Good standard of Literacy & Numeracy, Customer Service, Team Working, Computer Skills – particularly all Microsoft Office Packages as well as Excel and Word
As well as being well organised, motivated and willing to learn, the successful candidate should also demonstrate an ability to build rapport and how this can lead to successful long term relationships with clients.
We are looking fo an individual who can carry out tasks meticulously, punctually, and with an attention to detail.
GCSE Maths & English – A to C
A-Levels are desirable but not necessary
Being qualified and experienced in First Aid would be excellent, but not necessary
Successful candidate must be able to pass a DBS check
The vacancy will involve long period of working on a computer.
Contact Jessica: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07757008931 to apply