We are looking for a real self-starter to follow a Customer Service apprenticeship with a local training provider to aid in a Technician role with us.
This role is varied, and you will be working closely alongside Dave in the workshop and on site where you will be working on electric gates, roller shutter etc. Good electrical and mechanical skills would be an advantage.
Possible tasks include:
- Carry out installations and repairs of security doors shutters and hardware
- Making adjustments to surrounding environment to accommodate new systems
- Clearing away debris
- Cleaning and maintaining tools
- Making contact with customers to arrange the initial appointments
- Liasing with customers and the team to ensure appointments are mutually convenient
- Explaining to customers the process of work and answer any queries whilst on site
- Following up with customers after the work has been completed
- Liasing with suppliers and customers about ongoing work/maintenance
Starting salary will be £3.30 per hour and will be reviewed after a probationary period
Monday – Friday 09:00-17:00 Flexibility Required.
Some days will have 5am starts, the apprentice will either have time off in Lieu or be paid additional hours
Upon demonstrating the correct level of personal skill and commitment, as well as successfully completing the apprenticeship programme our apprentice would be offered the opportunity to continue their employment within our company.
“Founded in 2015, Shutterman is an active company; we have been in the business for on year. David puts his years of practical experience to good use in order to specialise in being a technician of electric gates, roller shutters etc.”
Steel Secure Ltd, Saddlers Cottage, The Street, Brockford, Suffolk IP14 5PE
Location is accessible by public transport, ideally the successful candidate would be able to drive
Communication, Initiative, Customer Service, Team Working, An ability to take instructions and work rapidly, Punctual, Able to work to strict deadlines
As well as being well organised, motivated and willing to learn, Positive attitude to work and colleagues, Self-motivation, Desire to learn, Resilient, Committed, Good attention to detail
No formal qualifications, although you will need to complete Functional Skills as part of your apprenticeship if you do not have Maths, English and ICT GCSE C grades
This role is physically demanding, and will require some early starts due to us having a lot of jobs in London. Flexibility is required for the role.
Driving would be an advantage for this role as some early starts require getting to the office at times when public transport may not be available
Contact Jessica: email@example.com or 01603 670909/ 07757 008931 to apply